Food and nutrition : what everyone needs to know / P.K. Newby, Oxford University Press : 2018. – 293p.
Part I Why What We Eat Matters: Farm to Fork
1. Framing Today’s Food and Nutrition Issues
2. Global Food and Nutrition Challenges: People and Planet
Part II Dining Throughout Human History: Science, Technology, Eater, Environment
3. How Revolutions, Discoveries, and Inventions Shape Our Diet: Paleo to Present
4. Contemporary Food Production, Buzzwords, and Pop Nutrition: Fact or Fiction?
5. Diets and Food Environments Today: Why We Eat the Way We Do
Part III Essential Food and Nutrition: Separating Science from Junk Science
6. A Brief History of Nutrition: Scientific Discoveries and Applications
7. Small and Mighty: Vitamins, Minerals, and Phytonutrients
8. The Foundation of Nutrition: Carbohydrate, Fat, and Protein
Part IV Food, Glorious Food
9. Creating a Colorful Plate: Vegetables and Fruits
10. Whole Grains, Refined Grains, and Gluten
11. Plant Protein Power: Beans and Peas, Legumes and Pulses, Nuts and Seeds
12. Land Animals and Animal-Based Foods
13. Water Dwellers: Fish and Seafood
14. Water, Coffee, and Tea: Impacts on Health and Environment
15. Alcohol and Health: Cheers!?
16. Sweet Drinks: Fruit Juice, Sugar-Sweetened Beverages, and Diet Soda (Pop)
Part V Diets for Optimal Health, Longevity, and Sustainability: Today and Tomorrow
17. Putting It All Together: Creating a Health-Giving Diet that Works for You, for Life
18. The Future of Food and Nutrition